Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Parenting Advice from the Expert

Yesterday, I was trying to get Summy to take a bath, and she was stalling ("No, But I don't want to take a bath right now.").

"You said you'd take a bath after you played with the computer. Take a bath and I'll play downstairs with you. If you don't, I can't play with you because you'll be stinky. So come on."

She watched me with an amused smile through this speech, and after I was done she said:

"You have to say 'It's not a choice.', Mama". (!!!!!!!)

I said, "Okay, It's not a choice, Summy. You have to take a bath", and then Kiran and Summy and I all laughed.

I've never said this to her before, she must have heard it in school.

Advice straight from the horse's mouth - and it worked too. She did listen that time.

1 comment:

Tharini said...

he he....have used that line on Akhil. Only thing, it doesn't work as yet.