Monday, March 03, 2008

Monthly Journals

I am terrible at keeping up Summy's blog these days. But Summy has been helping out with a different kind of journal at school.

The teacher sits the kids down at the table, one at a time, and has them draw a picture from their life, anything that they like, in their own special monthly journal. Then the kid talks about their picture, and the teacher writes it down verbatim. At the end of the month, the teacher sends the journal home. It's up to the kids to decide whether they want to do the journal that day or not, so they are not forced to sit down and do this even when they have "writer's" block (just like I frequently get blogger's blogck).

I'll post excerpts and pictures from the journals once Kiran comes back from the South Pole next week and brings the camera back with him. Not the South Pole, really, that's just Summy's slip-up for Sao Paolo. ("When are you coming back from South Pole, Daddy? - I'm making fun of what she said, but she's pretty savvy: She can pin-point the Brazilian city on the world map.)

P.S.: Thanks to all those who had visited and left kind comments about Summy and her art on my last few infrequent posts. It made me happy and proud of her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aps aps aps am sooooo glad to see some news from you. i faithfully check day after day.

do do do please post updates when k is back and please please please do write sometime about what you are upto...

love
d

Aparna said...

D, you are amazing :) Thanks for checking everyday, you have no idea how happy it made me to hear that.

I know I've been off on our group, and I haven't even been really checking my email. I'll get back on track soon.

Aps