Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Darnedest Thing #3: Colorful Language

Summy was getting ready for bed, and trying to make small talk so she could delay bedtime a little.

She said, "Mommy, I have some problems."

I was surprised (an understatement) - "What kind of problems, Summy?".

I imagined all kinds of things - school, boo-boos, potty accidents, sicknesses, at the same time wondering if she really knew what "problem" meant, before she gave her puzzling answer.

"Brown problems."

"Brown problems?"

"Brown problems."

"What do you mean, you have brown problems?"

"And when I go to school, I have blue problems. Sienna has pink problems too."

I'm still not sure what she was talking about - was this about problems or em-and-ems?

3 comments:

Tharini said...

Oh dear! I wish I had those kind of problems too! :)

I can just imagine your look of surprise to hear her say, "I have some problems!"

Anonymous said...

I think u knew what she was talking abt ... skin color.thats so common ....

aRbit said...

So did you ever figure out what "problems" your little angel had?