Monday, January 23, 2012

Welcoming Summy Home

When Summy came home from school this afternoon, her first words were, "Get off the back of that sofa, Pranav. You'll fall down and get a bad boo boo." He ignored her, and she kept telling him to get off.

Finally, he smiled at her and said, "Hi, Akka. Are you home?"

She smiled too, and said, "Hi, Pranav!"

Then she came to me, telling me about her day. Earlier, he would try to get my attention back to him by hanging onto my legs, or whining about something. But today he was direct - he put his outstretched hands on her, and said, "No, Akka! I talk Amma!"

We were both surprised ( and Summy not very pleased) and stared at him in silence. One he got my attention, he actually had nothing to say, so he giggled and ran away back to his Play-Doh.

No comments: