Sunday, January 18, 2009

Age Appropriate

Summy always checks the recommended age on a toy before getting it for anybody.

Today, we were shopping for a birthday present for one of Summy's friends. Summy stopped to look at an interesting toy, and then suddenly sighed. She said, "Never mind.".

"Why?"

"You have to be 20+ to play with this."

The box did say "20+", but what they meant was that there were more than 20 pieces to play with inside. When I pointed that out, Summy found it funny too, and laughed at herself.

Talking about age appropriate, this blog has slowed down considerably, and not for lack of material. Summy is just growing up, she is almost six, and I feel funny writing about her in a public blog.

It has been so fun sharing my Summy stories with all who have been reading. Thank you so much for visiting.

Edited to add, and in response to D: I didn't want that last line to be a parting shot, and reading it again, I feel that my post was too curt and cool (but it was just written while I was sleepy). I mean those thanks very warmly - it has been nice writing on this blog, but what made a big difference was to be read and be responded to.

I will still want to keep writing, either on this one or another, new, one, as long as you keep reading, D :)

5 comments:

d said...

i really hope that parting shot does'nt mean you are'nt going to write anymore? don't write about summy if you don't want to, but write you must? about cabbages and kings at least?
love
d

Shobha said...

Hi. I have been a silent reader for a while now. Your style of writing is lovely and so effortlessly evocative that I wish you continue to write, however infrequently :) Best wishes.

Aparna said...

D, look at the update to my post.

Shobha, thank you! Visited your blog, and love it.

d said...

yes aps! saw it. and was reassured. esp when i saw a new post too! thank you!
love
d

Anonymous said...

Finally I can comment! For a minute I did think you were going to stop...gosh time has flown, hasn't it?!

It's been amazing to follow Summy's little steps. Even more so because of the way you write :)

love,
g